FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How Does ThePetStop.com Work?
ThePetStop.com compiles the best pet supplies products all in one place for easy shopping. We find the lowest prices and list them here for consumers. From here, you will select products that you want to purchase and be directed to the website(s) where you may purchase them. All sites we represent are trustworthy pet supply companies that offer quality products at reasonable prices.
Is it Better to Shop Specialty Store or All-In-One Pet Supply Stores?
This is actually a very good question! A lot of people are concerned that they should shop specialty stores over all-in-one stores or vice versa. There is no one answer to this question because it depends on the number/type of animals you care for and what their individual needs are. If you have pets that span a variety of categories, i.e. a cat, dog, fish and a reptile, then choosing to shop at an all-in-one store is going to be most beneficial to you. Not only can you find all the supplies you need for each animal, but you will save yourself time in the long run by shopping at just one store, instead of multiple specialty stores. For the one pet owner, you may be interested in shopping at either store because you have the freedom to do so.
Is it Safe to Buy Pet Supplies Online?
Buying pet supplies online is as safe as buying other items online. If you are unsure as to whether or not a website you are about to purchase something on is safe, look for a few key things:
- McAfee Secure Logo - the only way to have this logo on a website is if it has actually been tested and verified.
- VeriSign Logo - This lets you, as the consume know, that the website you are currently on uses an encryption that protects all personal information including credit card information. In addition to protecting your information, this service also scans for malware and verifies the identity of the owner of the website for safety purposes.
- SSL certificate presented at checkout
- If there is an s in the domain name like this: https://www.domainname.com, then you are on the secure portion of the website where your information will be protected.
- Better Business Bureau Logo - any complaints will lower their score and can be read online by clicking the logo or searching the BBB website